Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

A Toronto woman was happy enough when she thought she had won $40K from a lottery.

Woman Wins $40M, Not $40K (Youtube Screengrab)
It wasn’t until 53-year-old grandmother Maria Carreiro went home Saturday and her daughters checked the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission's website that they all realized Carreiro had won $40M.

"I couldn’t believe it. I was shaking and just couldn’t believe that it was real. We were all excited when we thought it was only in the thousands but then in disbelief when we discovered I was a millionaire!" explained Carreiro.

Carreiro won the $40M Lotto Max jackpot in the Friday, April 5 draw of Ontario Lottery.

"I run down the street [to the store] like a crazy woman and check the lottery ticket and it says $40-million and I go ‘Oh my God.’ And then I ran back up the street, back home and then I go, I need a glass of water.’ Let me go sit down and relax," she added.

Carreiro said this is going to start a new chapter in her life.

"The first thing I’m going to do is look for a nice big new house. And then I’m going to pamper myself – buy new clothes for myself and my husband and buy things for my kids that I couldn’t buy before," she enthused.

Although Carreiro stayed at home to raise her children, she previously spent many years doing factory work.

"Now it’s time to relax together with my husband. We never had a honeymoon, thirty years ago, so now it’s time. We’re going to Hawaii!," she laughed.

Ontario lottery players received $1.7 billion in prizes in the 2011/12 fiscal year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib