Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

A young French guy made an awesome cover of the Filipino song, "Pinoy Ako," on Youtube.

Hugo Lieber, a 16-year-old lad from Paris, France, has done a number of covers but with his latest one, he decided to do the Tagalog song, which was originally sung by Orange and Lemons for the reality TV show "Pinoy Big Brother."

NoypiStuff contacted the talented singer to ask what made him cover the song; if he personally knew anyone from the Philippines; or if he actually has Filipino blood in his veins and if he knows how to speak the Filipino language. Here’s what he has to say as response to these questions:

"First of all, thanks for your support!! Yes, I know a Filipino who works for my family and knows I sing. He suggested I do a song in Tagalog, and after hearing Pinoy Ako, I loved the tune, found the chords, and decided to cover it. I'm not at all Filipino, I'm French-American, and I only know a few words in Tagalog. I'm just very open to other cultures and languages, and thought it would be fun to cover a Filipino song!"

Check out Hugo's rendition of "Pinoy Ako" below:
Great job and salamat, Hugo! Mabuhay ka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib