Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Official Olympic Song 2012 Unveiled
A Muse song, titled "Survival," has been chosen as the official song for the 2012 London Olympics.

The track will be played throughout sports sessions at official venues for the July 27-Aug. 12 Olympic games, including when athletes enter the stadium and during the build-up to medal ceremonies.

"I wrote it with the Games in mind as it expresses a sense of conviction and determination to win," Muse frontman Matt Bellamy said. "It's a huge honor to have the track chosen as such a major part of the London 2012 Olympic Games."

Formed  in 1994, Muse have sold an estimated 15 million albums worldwide and are set to release their next studio album "The 2nd Law" in September followed by a European tour in October.

The British rock band were the first  to hold a sold-out concert at the rebuilt Wembley stadium, where the 1948 Olympics was held during its incarnation.

Check out an audio stream of the official Olympic song below as well its lyrics:


Race, life's a race                                      
And I'm gonna win
Yes, I'm gonna win
I'll light the fuse
And I'll never lose
And I choose to survive

Whatever it takes
You won't pull ahead
I'll keep up the pace
And I'll give you my strength
To the whole human race

Yes, I am prepared
To stay alive
I won't forgive
Vengeance is mine
And I won't give in
Because I choose to thriv
Yeah I'm gonna win                                   

Race, it's a race
But I'm gonna win
Yes, I'm gonna win
I will light the fuse
I'll never lose
I choose to survive

Whatever it takes
You won't pull ahead
Because I'll keep up the pace
And I'll give you my strength
To the whole human race

Yeah I'm gonna win

Yes I'm gonna win !
What do you think of the official Olympic song this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib