Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago revealed Wednesday that she is suffering from lung cancer.

Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago announces she has lung cancer
In a press conference at the Senate, the 69-year-old feisty senator said she has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the left lung.

"I have come so you can see me personally before cancer ravages my body," she said. "I'm not afraid of cancer. There is nothing I'm afraid of."

She further stated that her cancer is not metastatic or has not spread to other parts of her body and she hopes to be cured after a 6-week medical treatment.

"[My stage 4 cancer] is not metastatic, as you know metastatic is just a high word for spreading. It is not spreading. If you know that cancer has already metastasized, the only cure is chemotherapy and the chances are very low but in my case they are very, very well behaved. I believe I’ve been disciplined all my life. Even my cancer cells are showing excellent discipline," she quipped.

Sen. Santiago's revelation stunned the members of the media, who were expecting her to announce her candidacy for 2016 Presidential Election.

"When I go into remission, I might announce my candidacy for president for 2016 unless God gives me another disease," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib