Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Vin Diesel joked in recent interview that Facebook owes him billions of dollars for being the most popular celebrity in the said worldwide social networking site.

Vin Diesel Facebook Timeline Screengrab
With over 41 million people liking his page and counting, even Facebook executives are wondering how Diesel it and even reached the point of requesting him to see them and tell them how he had gotten that much support from the people.

Even the 45-year-old "Fast and Furious" actor himself could not believe how popular he is on Facebook but he said that his secret all has got to do with him communicating with the people and making it real.

Unlike most celebrities who have other people maintaining and updating their fan pages and official Facebook accounts for them, Diesel said he makes it a point that he updates his page himself and he always tries to interact with his fans.

"So, when I had started my page, the only person that had a million fans was Barack Obama," Diesel told the Entertainment Weekly. "Because it was first-quarter 2009, and he'd just got elected as President, because of social media. So, when I started talking to the fans, I became the No. 1 page in the world. Over Coca-Cola, over huge companies. And it was only because I said, 'Hi, guys, I love you.'"

He further told EW that apart from him updating his page himself, he also said that he is unique because unlike other stars, he doesn't allow anyone to post on his wall for him in the last four years. This made him feel even more surprised and overwhelmed by the great number of people supporting him despite of that fact.

"My audience knows me so well on the page that if my producing partner's in the room when I post, they'll know somebody was around me. That's kind of cool, that's how sophisticated they are," he said. "Facebook really owes me billions of dollars. But whatever," he added jokingly.

1 comment:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib