Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

After Arixsandra Libantino's successful audition in "Britain's Got Talent," another singer of Filipino roots is making waves in another hit TV talent competition in the United Kingdom.

Joseph Apostol (Photo: Youtube, BBC)
Joseph Apostol, a 21-year-old church choir member, tried out the "blind auditions" for BBC's "The Voice UK", singing his own rendition of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow." Just before the song ended, judges Jessie J and Tom Jones turned around and praised his performance.

"I think you will be a huge asset to my team. I think I want to make sure I am representing people that really know how to tell a story when they're singing and that's exactly what you did. Congratulations!" said Jessie J.

"I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting. But when I heard you, I heard the passion from you and the range that you have, and there's a lot of fire there and you didn't copy anybody, you have an original sounding voice. I know there's a lot of great Filipino singer because I've been to the Philippines and I've heard them sing. You really do have a great voice and I'd love to have you on my team," said Tom Jones, who needed one last member for his team.

It was not easy for Apostol to choose between two great artists but in the end, he decided to join Tom Jones' team.

"I respect the two of you because obviously you're amazing with what you do. But I'm gonna choose Tom," Apostol said.

Will.i.am, one of the other two judges who didn't turn around during Apostol's performance was excited upon knowing he was a  Filipino but later explained to Apostol why he chose not to turn around by saying, "You are really fantabulous. But when Jessie turned around I was like 'Wow, you're in good hands'."

During an interview after the show, Apostol revealed just how ecstatic he was to be in Jones's team.

"I was really excited because you know, he is one of the most iconic persons ever in the music industry, so it was really great to have him turn around," he said.

Apostol dedicated his victory to his mother who has worked in the UK as a nurse for more than a decade.

"Being in a different country was a difficult time for me. I was used to being with my family, friends back in the Philippines. Looking back helped me with my confidence," he said. "I just want to make them proud. I'm just gonna bring my best. Hopefully, that’s enough."

Check out Apostol's "The Voice UK" audition below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib