Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Flappy Bird developer Dong Nguyen is apparently overwhelmed by the attention he getting from his phenomenal mobile game creation so he decided to it take down.

Flappy Bird's download page on Apple app store
Despite earning $50,000 a day from ad revenues, the Vietnamese indie game maker said he is going to remove Flappy Bird from app stores on Sunday midnight (Hanoi Time).

"I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore," Nguyen tweeted early Sunday morning.

He further stated, "It is not anything related to legal issues. I just cannot keep it anymore. I also don't sell 'Flappy Bird', please don't ask."

The 29-year-old Hanoi native had earlier said the media is "overrating the success of my games," adding that he wants peace. He also avoided press contact and stopped doing interviews.

"I can call 'Flappy Bird' is a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it," he said in a tweet on Saturday.

Originally released in May 2013 for the iPhone 5, Flappy Bird did not gain popularity until November. It became the most downloaded application on the Apple App Store in January 2014. The free game app has now been downloaded more than 50 million times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib