Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway recently sat down with Philippine Star's Ricky Lo to talk about the musical drama film "Les Miserables," which won three Golden Globes including the best supporting actress award for Hathaway.

Check out below a video of the said interview, which was posted on Phillippine Star's Youtube channel on Thursday:
Here are excerpts of Ricky Lo's interview with Anne Hathaway: 

Lo: "You lost 25 pounds for Fantine. How did you do it? And how did you get it back?
Hathaway: "I'd rather not talk about the weight loss, please."

Lo: "How did you prepare for the role?"
Hathaway: "I had to do a lot of research for the part. I had to learn about what it was like to be alive in 1853, what is like to be a woman then. And then my research started to explore what is like to be a sex slave and the emotional toll that takes on the human being. That's what I did to craft the character and I had to sing a lot, I had to get into the character."

Lo: "Did you really say in your Vogue interview that you could never have compared with Lea (Salonga) and your mom who played Fantine? Why'd you say?"
Hathaway: "I think if you think as an actor who sings, rather than a singer, I would be probably be more impressive. But Lea has one of the great voices of our time. Now I don’t think there’s vocally anything that she can’t do. And she’s made a career as a singer so I have complete deference to her. And of course, my mother has a very very beautiful voice as well."

Lo: "You were very young when you saw your mom playing Fantine. What were your memories about seeing your mom on stage?"
Hathaway: "I was very moved. I cried. It was very meaningful for me."

Lo:  "Did you get any pointers from your mom?"
Hathaway: "No."

Lo: "And for somebody who is perceived to have lived a life of luxury and privilege, how were you able to identify Fantine? Have you ever experienced to be hungry, poor, you know, just like the character?
Hathaway: "That's a very personal question."

Lo: "What’s your favorite scene in the movie and the hardest to do?"
Hathaway: "I think my favorite scene in the movie was when I got to come back as angel. That was with Hugh (Jackman). Because I got to feel nice. The hardest scene was 'I Dreamed A Dream.'"

Lo: "Any message for Lea who's looking forward to watching the movie and meeting you in person?"
Hathaway: "We've already talked about that."

Lo: And what about inviting your fans from the Philippines to watch the movie showing in January...?
Hathaway: "Why don't you invite them? I think they much rather hear from you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib