Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball Poster
Despite protests from religious groups, the first of the two Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball concerts in Manila pushed through on Monday. Gaga also performed her controversial song "Judas," which is being alleged by some as "blasphemous."

Gaga, however, turned emotional during the concert and made the following statement:

"I’m not an alien, I’m not a woman, I’m not a man, and I’m not a creature of your government, Manila. I’m all your dreams and I’m all your potential. Let me be all your insecurities and your fears. I’m your future, I’m everything that makes you sad and angry. I’m you, little monsters. Tonight’s not a statement, tonight’s us coming together because we believe we were all born this way. Some people say I stand for things that are bad. The truth is, I want the best for every single one of you. My life is like one whole performance of liberation. All of those kids all around the world who take their lives when they’re so young because they feel bullied, or they’re afraid because they’re gay and don’t want to tell anybody. Don’t you think that some of us should f---ing stand up for them and speak the god---n truth? It’s true! It’s not about the music, it’s not aobut my clothes, it’s not about having hit records. It’s the f---ing god---n truth that people in the world need to be free and be proud of who they are."

Meanwhile, Gaga's second concert is as well pushing through at the newly-opened SM Mall of Asia Arena, tonight since last night’s show reportedly did not violate any laws.

Among Gaga's audience last night were censors who were there to monitor possible violations of law against supposedly "immoral doctrines, obscene publications and exhibitions and indecent shows."

1 comment:

  1. Funny how they think that one concert can destroy and undo the values of our faith.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib